List:Announcements« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johannes Taxacher Date:January 21 2010 12:27am
Subject:MySQL Workbench 5.2.14 Beta 4 Available
View as plain text
Dear MySQL Users,

We are proud to announce the 4th public Beta of MySQL Workbench 5.2.

We want to thank all the people who have been testing MySQL Workbench 5.2 alphas and betas
and taking the time to file bugs and provide valuable feedback. We have fixed many bugs
since last release and worked on some other details as well.
Also, there is new platform included with this beta - CentOS 5.4 Linux Packages (RPMs)
NOTE: We have a known issue with Centos SSH Tunnel support that we are working on so avoid
that for now.

This build includes fixes for 65 bugs - 7 P1, 26 P2 and 32 P3.

MySQL Workbench 5.2 Beta 4 provides:

1. Data Modeling
2. Query (upgrade from MySQL Query Browser)
3. Admin (upgrade from MySQL Administrator)

If you are a current user of MySQL Query Browser or MySQL Administrator, we look forward
to your feedback on all the new capabilities we are delivering in a single unified MySQL
Workbench

As always, you will find binaries for the various platforms on our download pages.

Please get your copy from our Download

	http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/workbench/

To get started quickly, please take a look at this short tutorial.

MySQL Workbench 5.2 Beta Tutorial

	http://wb.mysql.com/?p=406

Please be aware that this release is still a beta version – so please don’t
use it on your production servers! Also note, MySQL Workbench files saved with version
5.2 cannot be opened with previous versions of our program.

The files for several platforms have been pushed to our main server and should be
available on our mirrors.

Blog postings and general information – including build instructions for Linux
– can be found on our Workbench Developer Central site.

Workbench Developer Central

	http://wb.mysql.com

Workbench Documentation and details on changes between releases can be found on these
pages

	http://dev.mysql.com/doc/workbench/en/index.html

	http://dev.mysql.com/doc/workbench/en/wb-change-history.html

If you need any additional info or help please get in touch with us.
Post in our forums, leave comments on our blog pages or if you want to talk to us directly
you can visit us on our IRC channel #workbench on irc.freenode.net.

Again, thank you for trying out the Workbench beta, we look forward to your feedback and
bug reports.

- The MySQL Workbench Team
Thread
MySQL Workbench 5.2.14 Beta 4 AvailableJohannes Taxacher21 Jan