List:Announcements« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johannes Taxacher Date:March 20 2009 11:21pm
Subject:MySQL Workbench 5.1.9 Beta availabe
View as plain text
Dear MySQL users,

we are proud to announce the release of the first official Beta of
MySQL Workbench 5.1, the next highly anticipated version of our database
GUI tool - MySQL Workbench. For the first time we are making an
announcement for all our major platforms at the same time: OSX, Linux
and Windows.

MySQL Workbench 5.1 has some major improvement over our current 5.0
release,
many of them might not be that visible when looking at the UI only. We
did a
major overhaul under the hood in addition to enhance usability and
adding some
features. On top of it, we moved some features to 5.1 OSS, that were
only
available in SE edition for 5.0 (like different notation styles i.e.).
The editors have been tuned to startup more quickly, and some of them
also
got face lifted. All Wizards have been revamped using our new mForms
library.

Again we say "thank you" to all folks helping with testing our
work-in-progress-versions, reporting problems, building the source on
different distros and letting us know how it works out. Please keep up
the good work!

MySQL Workbench OSS 5.1.9 Beta - Linux/OS X/Windows
General download page:

	http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/workbench

Binaries/Sources for Ubuntu 8.04

Add following 2 lines to your /etc/apt/sources.list:

	deb ftp://ftp.mysql.com/pub/mysql/download/gui-tools/ubuntu/ binary/
	deb-src ftp://ftp.mysql.com/pub/mysql/download/gui-tools/ubuntu/
source/

To download and install the binary use the command

	apt-get update

followed by

	apt-get install mysql-workbench

Build instructions for Ubuntu 8.04

	http://dev.mysql.com/workbench/?page_id=152

General infos on our Developer Central site at

	http://dev.mysql.com/workbench

Remember, this is still a beta release so please don't use this on your
production-level-files yet!

This release is the next public version right after 5.1.7 alpha. If you
wonder about 5.1.8 - it was an internal pre-beta release only.

If you need any help don't hesitate to contact us. Post in our forums,
leave comments on our blog pages or if you want to get in touch directly
you can visit us on our IRC channel #workbench on irc.freenode.net.
Keep an eye on our development page http://wb.mysql.com where we post
news and additional infos about our progress.

Have fun!
Johannes

--

Johannes Taxacher, Software QA Engineer, Developer Tools, Database Group
Sun Microsystems, Ges.m.b.H