MySQL Connector/Net 5.2.2, a new version of the all-managed .NET driver
for MySQL has been released. This release is a beta and may contain
bugs with some of them possibly being severe. You are strongly urged to
not use this release in production environments. This release is
intended only for testing and feedback purposes.
Version 5.2.2 works with all versions of MySQL including MySQL-4.1,
MySQL-5.0, MySQL-5.1 beta or the MySQL-6.0 Falcon "Preview".
It is now available in source and binary form from
[http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/net/5.2.html] and mirror sites
(note that not all mirror sites may be up to date at this point of time
- if you can't find this version on some mirror, please try again later
or choose another download site.)
== Features or behavior changes ==
- Added support for using the new PARAMETERS I_S view when running against
a 6.0 server
- Implemented interactive session connection string option
- The procedure parameters schema collection has been altered to match
what is coming
with MySQL 6.0. Some fields have been removed and others combined.
your application for incompatibilities.
== Bugs fixed ==
- Fixed profile provider that would throw an exception if you were updating
a profile that already existed.
- Fixed problem where new parameter code prevented stored procedures
altered in Visual Studio (bug #34940)
- Fixed problem where the TableAdapter wizard was no longer able to
using stored procedures because of our change to using @ instead of ?
- Fixed problem in datagrid code related to creating a new table. This
have been introduced with .NET 2.0 SP1.
- Fixed guid type so that a null value is still returned as guid type
- Fixed bug with the membership provider where the min non alpha numeric
was not working correctly.
- Fixed bug where calling GetPassword on a membership user when the
is null would cause an exception (bug #35332)
- Fixed bug where retrieving passwords that are encrypted was not
passwords (bug #35336)
- Fixed problem with profile provider where properties that were
a given type could not be retrieved properly (bug #36000)
- Removed some unnecessary locking from the pool manager and also
reworked the pooling
code to not use a semaphore (bug #34001)
Enjoy and thanks for the support!
|• Connector/Net 5.2.2 beta has been released||Reggie Burnett||12 May|