List:Announcements« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Reggie Burnett Date:April 17 2008 1:37pm
Subject:Connector/.Net 5.0.9 has been released
View as plain text
Hi,

MySQL Connector/Net 5.0.9, a new version of the all-managed .NET driver
for MySQL has been released.  This release is an update to the existing
production-quality 5.0 series.

**IMPORTANT**
We plan for this to be the last release in the 5.0 series.  We will only
be updating the 5.0 product in the event a "data-loss" type bug is
discovered.  We encourage all new products to use the new 5.1 product.
**IMPORTANT**

Version 5.0.9 works with all versions of MySQL including MySQL-4.1,
MySQL-5.0, MySQL-5.1 beta or the MySQL-6.0 Alpha.

It is now available in source and binary form from
[http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/net/5.0.html] and mirror sites
(note that not all mirror sites may be up to date at this point of time
- if you can't find this version on some mirror, please try again later
or choose another download site.)

== Features or behavior changes ==
  - added implementation of MySqlCommandBuilder methods QuoteIdentifier
and UnquoteIdentifier
    (bug #35492)

== Bugs fixed ==
  - Fixed problem where fields that were blobs but did not include the
BLOB flag were treated
    as binary when they should have been treated as text.  (Bug #30233)
  - Changed from using Array.Copy to Buffer.BlockCopy in
MySqlDataReader.GetBytes.  This
    helps with memory usage as we expect the source and destination
arrays to not be overlapping.
    (Bug #31090)
  - Fixed problem that prevented commands from being executed from the
state change
    handler.  Not sure why you would want to do this but...  (bug #30964)
  - Fixed issue where column name metadata was not using the charset
given on the connection string
    (Bug #31185)
  - Fixed problem with installer where the installation might report a
failure to
    remove the performance counters if the performance counter category
had already
    been removed for some reason
  - Fixed problem with installer where attempting to install over a
failed uninstall
    could leave multiple clients registered in machine.config.  (Bug
#31731)
  - Fixed problem with connection string caching where our collection
class was
    using case insensitive semantics and this causes cases where a user
orginally
    used the wrong case for a user id and then fixed it to still get
access denied
    errors. (Bug #31433)
  - improved the speed of load data local infile significantly
  - fixed MySqlDateTime.ToString() to properly return the date value
(Bug #32010)
  - fixed problem where string parameters who have their size set after
their value could cause exceptions
    (Bug #32094)
  - fixed problem where old code was preventing creating parameter
objects with non-input direction using
    just a constructor (Bug #32093)
  - fixed problem where a syntax error in a set of batch statements
could leave the data adapter in a state
    that appears hung (bug #31930)
  - fixed the MySqlException class to set the server error code in the
Data[] hash so that
    DbProviderFactory users can access the server error code (Bug
#27436)
  - fixed problem where changing the connection string of a connection
to one that changes
    the parameter marker after the connection had been assigned to a
command but before
    the connection is opened can cause parameters to not be found (bug
#13991)
  - some fixes to cancel and timeout operations so that they are more
dependable
  - fixed problem where cloning a parameter that has not yet had its
type set would yeild
    a cloned paramter that would no longer infer it's type from the
value set

Enjoy and thanks for the support!
Reggie

Thread
Connector/.Net 5.0.9 has been releasedReggie Burnett17 Apr