Dear MySQL users,
MySQL Connector/ODBC 5.1.3-rc, a new version of the ODBC driver for the MySQL
database management system, has been released. This release is the first
release candidate of the 5.1 series and is suitable for use with any MySQL
server version since MySQL 4.1, including MySQL 5.0, 5.1, and 6.0. (It will
not work with 4.0 or earlier releases.)
Keep in mind that this is a release candidate, and as with any other
pre-production release, caution should be taken when installing on
production level systems or systems with critical data.
The release is now available in source and binary form for a number of
platforms from our download pages at
and mirror sites. Note that not all mirror sites may be up to date at this
point in time, so if you can't find this version on some mirror, please try
again later or choose another download site.
We welcome and appreciate your feedback, bug reports, bug fixes, patches,
* The installers for Microsoft Windows require that you uninstall any
previous version of Connector/ODBC 5.1 (not 3.51) before installing.
* The installer for 64-bit Windows installs both the 32-bit and 64-bit
drivers. Please note that Microsoft does not yet supply a 64-bit bridge
from ADO to ODBC.
* There is no binary package for Mac OS X on 64-bit PowerPC because Apple
does not currently provide a 64-bit PowerPC version of iODBC.
* The HP-UX 11.23 IA64 binary package does not include the GUI bits because
of problems building Qt on that platform.
Changes since the last 5.1 release:
Functionality added or changed:
* Added SSLVERIFY connection option to verify server certificate. By default
certificate is not verified now. (Bug #34648)
* Database list height is autoadjusted in Windows GUI. (Bug #33918)
* Recordset-based update fails if blob field is queried. (Bug #19065)
* Descriptor records were not cleared correctly when calling
SQLFreeStmt(SQL_UNBIND). (Bug #34271)
* The driver incorrectly reported that the SQL standard CAST() and
CONVERT() functions were supported. (Bug #33808)
* Unresolved symbols "min" and "max" in libmyodbc3.so w/gcc 4.2.
* Notorious #DELETED problem when linking tables in Access and BIGINT PK
* MyODBC 51/Access unable to use DBEngine.RegisterDatabase to create a DSN
* Unable to use surrogate pairs into with unicode column. (Bug #34672)
* SQLGetData w/SQL_C_WCHAR gives incorrect data. (Bug #34429)
Includes changes from Connector/ODBC 3.51.24.
Built using MySQL 5.0.52.
|• MySQL Connector/ODBC 5.1.3-rc is available!||Jim Winstead||28 Mar|