List:Announcements« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johannes Taxacher Date:March 26 2008 7:24pm
Subject:MySQL Workbench OSS / SE 5.0.16 RC available for download
View as plain text
Dear MySQL users,

the MySQL Developer Tools team has released the second Release Candidate
build of the MySQL Workbench project.

MySQL Workbench is a next-generation visual database design application
that can be used to efficiently design, manage and document database
schemata. For more information about the MySQL Workbench project please
visit the MySQL Workbench Developer Central site at

     http://dev.mysql.com/workbench/

For screenshots please browse to
     http://dev.mysql.com/workbench/?page_id=35

The team has managed to fix 6 bugs since the last release 03/17/2008.
Further improvements have been made, including improved loading times
for Models with large diagrams, colors of figures used on different
diagrams can be synced now, the “pick columns” option of
Relationship-tools  is a seperate tool now (used to create connections
using already existing columns), we added a all new GRT Scripting IDE to
create/modify/manage plugin scripts.

For a detailed change log please browse to
     http://dev.mysql.com/workbench/?page_id=49

Please download the Community Edition from
     http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/workbench/5.0.html

We Want Your Feedback, Start Blogging & Posting!

Since this is the 2nd Release Candidate and the General Availability
release is coming up soon we would like to encourage you to post your
experience with the tool on the forums or blog about it. We would be
happy about any feedback we get and also to get more people interested
and excited about the product.
So, if you can spare a few minutes, please post on one of the following
forums or send us the URL to your blog to workbench@stripped so we can
link it from our community page.
     http://forums.mysql.com/index.php?151

Enjoy!

Johannes

--

Johannes Taxacher, Software QA Engineer, Developer Tools
MySQL AB, www.mysql.com

MySQL Workbench OSS / SE 5.0.16 RC available for downloadJohannes Taxacher26 Mar