Dear MySQL users,
MySQL Connector/ODBC 3.51.24, a new version of the ODBC driver for the
MySQL database management system, has been released. This release is
the latest release of the 3.51 series and is suitable for use with any
MySQL version including MySQL 4.1, 5.0, or 5.1.
The release is now available in source and binary form for a number of
platforms from our download pages at
and mirror sites. Note that not all mirror sites may be up to date at this
point in time, so if you can't find this version on some mirror, please try
again later or choose another download site.
We welcome and appreciate your feedback, bug reports, bug fixes, patches,
* There are no installer packages for Microsoft Windows x64 Edition.
* There is no binary package for Mac OS X on 64-bit PowerPC because Apple
does not currently provide a 64-bit PowerPC version of iODBC.
* The HP-UX 11.23 IA64 binary package does not include the GUI bits because
of problems building Qt on that platform.
Changes since the last release:
* ConfigDSN() returned FALSE when the dialog was cancelled by the user.
* Static cursor was unable to be used through ADO when dynamic cursors
were enabled. (Bug #27351)
* Driver would crash when requesting the current catalog before connecting.
* Catalog data was truncated due to NAME_LEN only allocating a single byte
for characters. (Bug #32864)
* SSL connections could not be established properly. Added the server
certificate verification flag. (Bug #29955)
* Added deprecated SQLSetParam function. (Bug #29871)
* Recordset-based update fails if blob field is queried. (Bug #19065)
* Allows dirty reading with SQL_TXN_READ_COMMITTED isolation through ODBC
* Don't cache results and SQLExtendedFetch work badly together.
* SQLFetch or SQLFetchScroll returns negative data length using SQL_C_WCHAR.
* An SQLSTATE of HY000 was returned when a stored procedure was not found,
instead of 42000. This caused problems with ADO's adCmdUnknown option.
* Identifiers were quoted incorrectly by SQLColumns(). (Bug #32989)
* Worked around bug in iODBC installer library that made it impossible
to create a system DSN, particularly on Mac OS X, where the installer
created the /Library/ODBC/*.ini files with insufficient permissions.
* Unresolved symbols "min" and "max" in libmyodbc3.so w/gcc 4.2.
* Fixed some incorrect information returned by SQLGetTypeInfo().
* Values bound using the SQL_C_CHAR value type but with numeric
parameter type were not correctly escaped. (Bug #34575)
* The driver reported that it does not support SQLProcedureColumns(),
which causes problems for ADO. (Bug #33298)
|• MySQL Connector/ODBC 3.51.24 is available!||Jim Winstead||20 Mar|