List:Announcements« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johannes Taxacher Date:March 17 2008 2:13pm
Subject:MySQL Workbench OSS / SE 5.0.15 RC available for download
View as plain text
Dear MySQL users,

the MySQL Developer Tools team has released the first Release Candidate
build of the MySQL Workbench project.

MySQL Workbench is a next-generation visual database design application
that can be used to efficiently design, manage and document database
schemata. For more information about the MySQL Workbench project please
visit the MySQL Workbench Developer Central site at

     http://dev.mysql.com/workbench/

For screenshots please browse to
     http://dev.mysql.com/workbench/?page_id=35

The team has managed to fix 56 bugs since the last release 02/28/2008.
Several improvements have been made as well, including improved
Relationship-Line-Layouting, SE version additionally got a new
relationship-notation which connects lines directly from/to
corresponding columns. DDL-Syntax of views is now parsed while editing -
  his also automates naming of the view taking the name from
DDL-statement. Overview page has been cleaned up and new pages in SQL
export plugins for validation were added.

For a detailed change log please browse to
     http://dev.mysql.com/workbench/?page_id=49

Please download the Community Edition Beta from
     http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/workbench/5.0.html

End of Standard Edition Beta Testing Program

We thank the many users who joined our MySQL Workbench SE Beta Testing
program and who have helped a great deal making this release happen. As
we now reach RC status we are closing the SE Beta testing program. The
Standard Edition will be available for purchase when we have reached GA
status which is currently planned for mid of April.

Enjoy!

Johannes

--

Johannes Taxacher, Software QA Engineer, Developer Tools
MySQL AB, www.mysql.com

MySQL Workbench OSS / SE 5.0.15 RC available for downloadJohannes Taxacher17 Mar