Dear MySQL users,
MySQL Connector/ODBC 5.1.2-beta, a new version of the ODBC driver for
the MySQL database management system, has been released. This release
is the second beta (feature-complete) release of the new 5.1 series and
is suitable for use with any MySQL server version since MySQL 4.1,
including MySQL 5.0, 5.1, and 6.0. (It will not work with 4.0 or
Keep in mind that this is a beta release, and as with any other
pre-production release, caution should be taken when installing on
production level systems or systems with critical data.
The release is now available in source and binary form for a number of
platforms from our download pages at
and mirror sites. Note that not all mirror sites may be up to date at this
point in time, so if you can't find this version on some mirror, please try
again later or choose another download site.
We welcome and appreciate your feedback, bug reports, bug fixes, patches,
* The installer for 64-bit Windows installs both the 32-bit and 64-bit
drivers. Please note that Microsoft does not yet supply a 64-bit bridge
from ADO to ODBC.
* There is no binary package for Mac OS X on 64-bit PowerPC because Apple
does not currently provide a 64-bit PowerPC version of iODBC.
* The HP-UX 11.23 IA64 binary package does not include the GUI bits because
of problems building Qt on that platform.
Changes since the last 5.1 release:
Functionality added or changed:
* SQLForeignKeys uses INFORMATION_SCHEMA when it is available on the server,
which allows more complete information to be returned.
* Disabled MYSQL_OPT_SSL_VERIFY_SERVER_CERT when using an SSL connection.
* Explicit descriptors are implemented. (Bug #32064)
* Changed SQL_ATTR_PARAMSET_SIZE to return an error until support for it
* Tried to use the already-entered database when connecting to get list of
databases in Windows setup library. (Bug #33615)
* SQLForeignKeys returned an empty string for the schema columns instead of
a NULL. (Bug #19923)
* SQLGetInfo() reported characters for SQL_SPECIAL_CHARACTERS that were
not encoded correctly. (Bug #33130)
* Adding or updating a row using SQLSetPos() on a result set with aliased
columns would fail. (Bug #6157)
* Changing the DSN name when editing a DSN left behind the DSN
under the old name in addition to creating the new entry. Fixed for
native Windows GUI. (Bug #31165, fixed for Qt GUI in 3.51.23)
* Numeric values (such as OPTIONS or PORT) were not read correctly
from a connection string if they were not the last parameter. (Bug #33822)
* The SSLCIPHER option was saved incorrectly on Windows. (Bug #33897)
* The cursor position was incorrect after rows were deleted from a
static cursor. (Bug #33388)
* Dynamic cursors on statements with parameters were not supported.
* FLAG_COLUMN_SIZE_S32 did not limit the octet length or display size
reported for fields, causing problems with Microsoft Visual
FoxPro. (Bug #30890)
* Retrieving SQL_C_WCHAR data with SQLGetData() could crash due to
incorrect handling of the buffer length. (Bug #32684)
Includes changes from Connector/ODBC 3.51.23.
Built using MySQL 5.0.52.
|• MySQL Connector/ODBC 5.1.2-beta is available!||Jim Winstead||14 Feb|