Dear MySQL users,
MySQL Connector/ODBC 3.51.17, a new version of the ODBC driver for the
MySQL database system, has been released. This release is the latest
release of the 3.51 series and is suitable for use with any MySQL
version including MySQL 4.1, 5.0, or 5.1.
While we consider this a production release, we recommend caution in
upgrading due to changes in our build procedures, and the large number
of bug fixes that have gone into the most recent releases.
The release is now available in source and binary form for a number of
platforms from our download pages at
and mirror sites. Note that not all mirror sites may be up to date at this
point in time, so if you can't find this version on some mirror, please try
again later or choose another download site.
We welcome and appreciate your feedback, bug reports, bug fixes, patches, etc.:
* There are no binary packages for Microsoft Windows x64 Edition.
* The Mac OS X binary packages are only provided as tarballs, there is no
* There is no binary package for Mac OS X on 64-bit PowerPC because Apple
does not currently provide a 64-bit PowerPC version of iODBC.
* The HP-UX 11.23 IA64 binary package does not include the GUI bits because
of problems building Qt on that platform.
* The binary packages for Sun Solaris are only provided as tarballs, not
the PKG format.
Changes since the last release:
Functionality added or changed:
* The setup library has been split into its own RPM package, to allow
installing the driver itself with no GUI dependencies.
* Added an option (CHARSET) for specifying the default character
set for a connection. This must be used instead of a "SET NAMES"
statement. Also available from the GUI setup dialog. (Related
to Bug #6667 and Bug #9498.)
* Dis-allow NULL ptr for null indicator when calling SQLGetData()
if value is null. Now returns SQL_ERROR w/state 22002.
* Fixed calling convention ptr and wrong free in myodbc3i, and fixed
the null terminating (was only one, not two) when writing DSN to string.
* myodbc3i did not correctly format driver info, which could cause the
installation to fail. (Bug #29709)
* Multiple result sets were not correctly flushed when a statement
handle was closed. (Bug #16817)
* SQLProcedures() did not handle NULL parameters, which could lead to
crashes (Bug #28316)
* SQLColumns() did not handle many of its parameters correctly, which
could lead to incorrect results. The table name argument was not handled
as a pattern value, and most arguments were not escaped correctly when
they contained non-alphanumeric characters. (Bug #8860)
* If there was more than one unique key on a table, the correct fields
were not used in handling SQLSetPos(). (Bug #10563)
* SQLColAttribute() returned the wrong value for SQL_DESC_BASE_COLUMN_NAME
and SQL_DESC_BASE_TABLE_NAME for aliased fields. (Bug #6197)
* Calling SQLGetDiagField with RecNumber 0,DiagIdentifier
NOT 0 returns SQL_ERROR (Bug #16224)
* Correctly return error if SQLBindCol is called with an invalid column
* Fixed error handling of OOM and bad connections in catalog functions.
This might raise errors in code paths that had not seen them in the past.
Gathered the logic for internal result sets into one place. (Bug #26934)
* Fixed bad use of memory related to setup/util/GUI. (Bug #27315)
* Added a new DSN "OPTION" (FLAG_ZERO_DATE_TO_MIN) to retrieve XXXX-00-00
dates as the minimum allowed ODBC date (XXXX-01-01). Added another
option (FLAG_MIN_DATE_TO_ZERO) to mirror this but for bound parameters.
FLAG_MIN_DATE_TO_ZERO only changes 0000-01-01 to 0000-00-00. (Bug #13766)
* Fixed possible crash if SQLBindCol() was not called before SQLSetPos().
Fixed use of MYSQL structure pertaining to updating large blobs in
cursors. (Bug #10562)
|• MySQL Connector/ODBC 3.51.17 is available!||Jim Winstead||17 Jul|