MySQL Workbench 1.0.5 beta has been released.
MySQL Workbench is a database design tool for MySQL.
MySQL objects such as tables, routines and views can be created and edited and
their visual representation on the canvas enables one to
quickly understand and work efficiently with complex and simple database
- Reverse engineering of existing MySQL databases
- Import DBDesigner4 models
- Synchronize edited model with MySQL database
- Generate SQL create script file
- Printing (Windows)
- Powrefull scripting and plugin interface. Plugins can be written in several
languages, such as Lua, PHP, Java and Python.
- Fast, OpenGL based graphical canvas
- Quickly accessible "Overview" mode, which zooms out the whole canvas to
reveal a more general view.
An OpenGL capable video card with at least 32MB of memory is needed to use
Windows binaries are available at:
Linux/Gtk+ binaries are available at:
The SuSE RPM or the tar.gz should work on most recent distributions.
Binaries for more distributions and architectures will follow.
Mac OS X binaries will be available soon briefly.
Changes since the last alpha version:
- Significant speed improvements in the Generic Canvas
- Auto arrange elements
- Switchable grid display
- Complete database <-> synchronization
- Reverse engineering is complete
- New feature: plug-ins, which are scripts to be used for certain tasks in WB-
- Significantly faster model load
- Export model as image (png)
- Printing with preview
- Copy Region as Image
- Full GRT integration (including tabbed shell), supported
for scripting, are now: Lua, Python
- Model properties page
- Table options editing
- BUG when deleting objects is still present
- Added several commands for layouting (send back/front etc)
- Object properties tab
Alfredo Kojima, GUI Developer
MySQL AB, www.mysql.com
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Are you MySQL certified? www.mysql.com/certification
|• ANNC: MySQL Workbench 1.0.5 beta released||Alfredo Kengi Kojima||4 Mar|